Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Dot.Com to Dot.Bomb

Growing up it is very easy to believe that you just know what al has happened rather than actually taking the time to look it up for yourself. This can probably be attributed to our current technologically savvy generation, but it is still no excuse to not be informed. After hearing the lecture about this huge event that I had absolutely no prior knowledge of I found it very informative to learn about how the internet rose, then fell, then rose again. It was interesting to me that companies Sears had their hat in the ring when it came to the internet, and as the lecture went on it became less surprising that they died out due to the inability to adapt with the ever changing internet landscape. Not to mention I never knew what became of AOL until this lecture so that is always a plus. I think the biggest part of this whole event that intrigued me was the constant hike in pay of anyone that was even remotely involved in the tech process for companies. That just goes to show how quickly people will over value themselves if they think other people will believe it. As a whole I really enjoyed this lecture and thought that Mr. Fry's perspective on the whole matter was both insightful and informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment