Tuesday, October 20, 2015

My "First" HTML Page

So back during my sophomore year of college (last year) I took TINST 312 thinking that it would be a good preparation class for my IT major. Overall it was, but on the first day as we went over the syllabus I noticed there was a group project involving creating an entire website for a fake company and I immediately started to panic. I had never coded anything except for some messing around on code academy (great website by the way) and even then I still didn't have the slightest clue what to do. Luckily for me as the quarter went on I got the hang of things and began to figure out the basics of coding in html and css, which helped me a lot with this assignment in particular. When I began to go to textedit on my Mac and start working on my webpage I automatically knew where to start in terms of adding a header and giving the page a title. However I was definitely rusty because I forgot to close the brackets at the end of the line properly and was immediately reminded of all the late nights I spent cursing at my computer screen for doing the exact same thing in my TINST 312 class. Once I regained my footing I flew through the assignment, adding pictures, creating a body, and successfully created my webpage all while having time to mess around with it afterwards. As a whole this assignment wasn't to difficult for me since I had prior practice and knowledge, but if I didn't have that I would have had to undergo the whole trial and error process until I figured it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment